Eagle Rock Entertainment Limited was founded in April 1997 by three former colleagues at Castle Communications plc, Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin and Julian Paul.
Eagle Rock Entertainment Limited:
- operates in the music and entertainment business world-wide. It acquires and creates rights to recorded music, video, television and other visual programming.
- exploits these rights through the release of own-label CDs, video cassettes and DVDs and through the licensing of these rights for a variety of media.
- operates from its corporate headquarters in London and at other sites in Aldershot, Hampshire; Hamburg, Germany; Paris, France;
and New York, USA.
- has three operating divisions:
- Eagle Vision, the group's visual programming division, incorporating Cromwell Productions, producers of factual programming
- Eagle Records, the group's principal record label, incorporating Spitfire Records, the US-based heavy rock record label
- Pegasus special products division
Eagle Rock's shareholders are its senior management and clients of HgCapital Private Equity.